The aftermath of an auto accident can be stressful. With so much commotions happening it may not occur to you to take pictures of the accident scene, but it is more important than you may think. Here is what you need to know about pictures after an auto accident.
Photos can make you all the difference when it comes time to file your insurance claim. Taking photos of the damages and injuries of the accident, will help document the scene. By simply having detailed photos can be the determining factor between a successful claim and an unsuccessful claim.
Photos can show proof of the cause of the accident, what contributing factors may have played a role, the extent of damages the victims may have suffered and where the impact of the collision occurred. Also, you may forget some of the details a few days after the accident, having photos will reinforce your memory.
Ultimately, taking photos after your auto accident will only benefit you.
Consider these suggestions when taking photos of a car accident scene:
- Includes internal and external photos of damage to any vehicles involved, damage to another object or building, and damage to a roadway or sign. Capture multiple shots, make sure to photograph any skid marks and debris.
- Taking photos of your injuries is one of the most important things that you can photograph after a crash. You should take photos of your injuries as soon as possible after they were sustained and in the days, following your accident. Some injuries, like bruises, will not show up immediately. As they appear, make sure you document them.
- Include pictures of street signs, street lights. Make sure you take multiple shots of all directions.
- Take pictures of everyone who is at the scene, including any witnesses, police officers, and the other driver. Passengers should also be photographed.
- Make sure to take pictures of surrounding businesses. One of the businesses could have security cameras that captured the accident on video. Having a photo will help you to remember to contact these businesses later.
- Take more pictures than you think you will need. You never know what you might notice in a picture that you originally missed. Take pictures of everything that you think is relevant and take pictures of the same thing from multiple angles.
- If you are unable to take pictures of the scene due to injury, try to get a family member or friend to take pictures on your behalf as soon as possible. If you are unable to reach someone immediately, certain photos such as photos of your injuries, damages to your vehicle and skid marks can be taken at a later date. Taking pictures at the scene of the accident, however, is always preferable.
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident, contact Solution Law Firm, APC. We can review your case and advise you further on what steps to take. With decades of experience fighting for accident clients, we have the knowledge and expertise to recover the maximum compensation for your injuries. Our firm has recovered MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
For more information and a FREE CASE REVIEW, Call us Today!
SOLUTION LAW (844) 839-9838